Sunday, May 8, 2011

social networking

Social networking sites are not games- they are a way of staying connected. An occasional squeal of joy, a hello ji, or even a wink or a poke keeps us in touch. Why do we often say- " when we started, we were hooked on to facebook, or orkut or whatever, but now it has gotten boring!"

What boring? Staying connected is boring? Sad! where are we headed for? And all this while I thought that if I hear from anyone its because they think of me and we are friends.....

Status updates are not what its all about- its about reaching out to people you havent met in years. If you dont want to reach out to them, then why are they on your book? Just trash them.... or block them.

Guys, we hardly write letters. e mail forwards too are a one sided way of keeping in touch because etiquette says a forwarded message does not require a response. What is not required really does not happen, really. A lot of my friends discourage forwards supporting causes because they think its all humbug. So be it. Maybe they have had a bad experience- but not everything is bad. A little bit of faith and a little bit of "let it be" prolly......

I think that all those of us who say social networking is boring, actually visit their networking accounts everyday just to check what the others are doing. But do not want to share. of course, its a free world- can do whatever I think is right.

Its like you are sitting across and we are talking and only me is doing the talking- you are just listening. then you get up and walk away without a word. And I should not feel bad.

That people misuse so we are scared; I understand. I also understand that we have no time. But do take time off to smile sometimes, however inane the joke may be! At least someone is trying to make you smile....

No comments: