Monday, May 17, 2010

mom

Mom
One word-mother,
Means the world to me.
All that is soft and beautiful means you, mother.
When I hide my face in your shoulder; and it is soft as a feather
.....and hard as a rock...and firm ...and steady ...
I wonder what makes it so?
And then I know- its soft with all the love you have,
And hard with all the strength you give,
And firm with the commitment that makes me so proud
Of you, mother.
And then I look at your hands.
Working hands, that have held me in the hollow of their palms
And even now, reach out to soothe me...when I feel blue.
You still touch me like I were...
A newborn.
Fragile, like china!
Tenderly, you look at me when you want to say something and I do not have time to listen.
Yes, mother, I can see you deep inside, wondering sometimes,
Whether this wild, independent and outspoken woman in front of you
Is really your little baby, so soft, so gentle, once upon a time?
Mom, People grow up, and become themselves.
But moms will always be moms, mother.
And babies love their moms, mother,
Just like we love you.

No comments: